There are many ways volunteers make the work we do possible. Read below for some of our current needs or contact email@example.com with any questions.
updated July 1, 2021
On the Farm*
- Animal Care Assistants: Do you love a good workout, being outdoors (in all Maine’s weather!), and want to gain hands-on sanctuary animal care experience? Do you have 2 hours/week you can commit to helping farm animals in need? Join our animal care team! Assistants help with daily tasks such as cleaning, watering, and socializing with resident animals.
- Barn and Grounds Crew: Can you use a drill, screwdriver, hammer and/or a saw? Does being part of a team that must daily outsmart 800lb pigs and 2 tiny escape goats sound like fun? Come use your basic carpentry skills to help us out with our building and maintenance projects!
- Social Media Team: Have a knack for engaging followers, telling stories, digging up great content, or capturing great action or personality shots with your camera? The animals at Graze need you! Help us engage and expand our virtual community while sharing our animals’ stories and farmed animal advocacy messages. Must have experience using Facebook and Instagram — (Twitter and TikTok experience would be awesome too!)
Programs and Board of Directors
- Administrative Assistant: Help us maintain a smooth-sailing ship while assisting with a variety of hands-on tasks. May include phone calls, data entry, merchandise ordering, event and visitor assistance, and helping staff with other fun and challenging tasks. Recent admin experience and an outgoing positive personality preferred. Virtual with minimal on-site time.
- Board of Directors: Looking for experienced non-profit leaders/fundraisers to help build a sustainable future for Graze. Virtual/On-site meetings plus occasional on-site events.
- Fundraising Committee: Assist with cultivating support and planting seeds of compassion through planning events & outreach activities. Be a part of a super fun team while contributing your creative &/or “people” skills for a great cause! Virtual/On-site meetings plus occasional on-site events.
- Care Farm & Humane Education Programs: Looking for both coordinator and assistant positions for our Care Farm and Humane Ed programs. Contact us if you have experience serving people with special needs and/or classroom teaching experience. Internship possible. On-site, off-site, and virtual.
If you’ve got a couple free hours/week that you could commit to helping us help more farm animals and vulnerable people in our community, please complete our Volunteer Application Form. If your interests and qualifications meet our needs, we’ll get back to you very shortly.
For a full list of Volunteer Job Descriptions and Requirements please click here.
*All on-site volunteers must follow current COVID-19 safety protocols.