There are many ways volunteers make the work we do possible. Read below for some of our current needs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
updated January 10, 2021
On the Farm*
- Animal Care Assistants: Work alongside and learn about farmed animal care from our staff caregivers. Tasks may include cleaning, feeding, watering, and socializing with resident animals. This is a great way to get your foot in the door for paid animal care positions. We require volunteer animal care assistants to commit to a 2-hour regular weekly shift.
- Barn and Grounds Crew: Help with farm building and maintenance projects. Volunteer B&G crew meets at the farm Sunday mornings.
- Social Media: Help us expand and engage our virtual community using Facebook, Instagram and more. Must have excellent storytelling skills, a passion for our mission, and the ability to engage followers using social media. Photography &/or videography skills a plus.
Programs and Board of Directors
- Board of Directors: Looking for positive people with a passion for our mission and a background in business, accounting, or non-profit fundraising. Contact us directly to discuss further.
- Fundraising & Outreach: Assist with cultivating prospective donors and planting seeds of compassion through community outreach activities. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Humane Education Program: Assist with virtual outreach and (pandemic-allowing) in-person activities at the farm and in local schools. Experienced vegan or plant-based educators and/or farmed animal advocates are preferred. Weekday hours will be required.
If you have a passion for helping farmed animals and a serious interest in helping us in any of these capacities, please complete our Volunteer Application Form. We will contact you shortly to discuss your interests and, if applicable, schedule an orientation and tour.
*All on-site volunteers must follow strict mask-wearing and safety protocols. Not doing so is grounds for immediate removal.