There are many ways volunteers make the work we do possible. Read below for some of our current needs or contact email@example.com with any questions.
updated March 9, 2022
On the Farm*
- Animal Care Assistants: Do you love a good workout, being outdoors (in all Maine’s weather!), and want to gain hands-on sanctuary animal care experience? Do you have 2 hours/week you can commit to helping farm animals in need? Join our animal care team! Assistants help with daily tasks such as cleaning, watering, and socializing with resident animals.
- Barn and Grounds Crew: Can you use a drill, screwdriver, hammer and/or a saw? Does being part of a team that must outsmart 800lb pigs and 2 tiny escape goats sound like fun? Come use your basic carpentry skills to help us out with our building and maintenance projects!
- Communications/Marketing/Social Media: Have a knack for engaging followers, captivating audiences, creative writing, or capturing great action or personality shots with your camera? The animals at Graze need you! Help us spread our mission while engaging and expanding support by sharing our animals’ stories and farmed animal advocacy messages. Internships available.
Programs and Board of Directors
- Farm Manager Admin Assistant: Help us maintain a smooth-sailing ship while assisting our Farm Manager with a variety of hands-on admin tasks. May include phone calls, data entry, ordering supplies, visitor assistance, and other fun and challenging projects. Recent admin experience and an outgoing positive personality preferred. Virtual with minimal on-site time.
- Board of Directors: Experienced non-profit leaders/fundraisers are needed to help build a sustainable future for Graze. We are a young organization and all Board members are expected to make an initial one-year commitment to serving in a working role on the Board. Virtual/On-site meetings plus occasional on-site events.
- Fundraising Committee: Assist with cultivating financial support and planting seeds of compassion through planning and implementing events, campaigns & outreach activities. Be a part of a super fun team while contributing your creative &/or “people” skills! Virtual/On-site meetings plus occasional on-site events.
- Care Farm & Humane Education Programs: Looking for both coordinator and assistant positions for our Care Farm / Humane Ed programs. Contact us if you have experience serving people with special needs and/or classroom teaching experience. Internship possible. On-site, off-site, and virtual.
If you’ve got a couple free hours/week that you could commit to helping us help vulnerable farm animals, please complete our Volunteer Application Form. If your interests and qualifications meet our needs, we’ll get back to you very shortly.
For a full list of Volunteer Job Descriptions and Requirements please click here.
*All on-site volunteers must follow current COVID-19 safety protocols.