Updated Sept 27, 2019
Looking for a shelter assistant to give food, water, and care to up to 75 rescued farm animals. Will also be responsible for daily shelter cleanouts and small farm maintenance tasks.
Advanced scheduled morning and evening 2-3 hour shifts 5 days of the week are required. Some holidays and weekends will be required.
Ideal candidate will have:
- a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- some experience working with large farm animals (horses, pigs, cows, etc)
- an understanding of and willingness to promote our mission
- an abundance of common sense
- a willingness to represent Graze in Peace in a positive friendly way to public visitors
- a willingness to abide by the no pets, no smokes, no non-plant-based food on the property rules
Ideal candidate will be:
- able to follow directions
- in shape and able to lift and carry 40-50 lb feed bags
- comfortable working outdoors in all weather
- comfortable working in close quarters with all farm animals
$12/hour to start. Contact us with any questions.