Updated Oct 29, 2019
Looking for an experienced farm animal caregiver to join our growing animal care team. Duties include giving basic care, food, water and medications to 60+ rescued farm animals. Also includes shelter cleaning, health checks and small farm maintenance tasks.
Part-time, hourly position. Caregivers work 10-20 hours/week in a minimum of 5 scheduled morning or evening shifts. Some holiday and weekend hours are required.
Possibility of residence on the farm is available.
Must have experience working with large farm animals (horses, pigs, cows, etc), preferably in a shelter or sanctuary setting. This is a physically strenuous job. Workers need to be able to routinely lift and carry 50lb bags of feed.
We are a farm animal rescue and sanctuary and preference will be given to vegans or vegetarians on the vegan path. Vet techs or other advanced animal care skills also preferred.
Ideal candidate will have:
- a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- working experience with large farm animals (horses, pigs, cows, etc)
- an understanding of and willingness to promote our mission of compassion for all beings
- an abundance of common sense
- a willingness to work with volunteers and represent Graze in Peace in a positive friendly way to public visitors
- a willingness to abide by the no pets, no smokes, no non-plant-based food on the property rules
Ideal candidate will be:
- extremely detail-oriented and able to follow written directions
- able to lift and carry 40-50 lb feed bags
- comfortable working outdoors in ALL weather
- comfortable working in close quarters with all farm animals
$12-$15 DOE. Contact us with any questions.