Looking for a detail-oriented person with a minimum of 2 years recent farm animal care experience and 1 year of people management experience to reside at the farm and lead our small animal caregiver team. We are seeking applicants for a long-term position (minimum of one year).
Dependable (all-weather) transportation is necessary; applicants must be over 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license. Some weekends and holiday shifts are required.
- Feed and water 60+ animals each morning and evening
- Administer daily medication
- Oversee routine barn and stall cleanouts
- Train and supervise animal caregiver assistants and volunteers
- Complete small farm maintenance projects
- Complete routine animal health checks (and some additional checks, as needed)
- Assist with rescues and vet visits
- Maintain feed, farm, and medication supplies
- Keep up-to-date computerized records of animal care, health checks and vet visits
This is a great job for someone who:
- Has a passion for farm animal advocacy
- Enjoys physically and mentally-demanding work
- Loves being outdoors in ALL weather
- Has a positive “can-do” attitude
- Is a great communicator and team player
- Understands the importance of following rules, policies and procedures
- Is open to receiving and applying constructive feedback
- Adjusts easily and quickly to evolving instructions based on the needs of the animals
- Is able to routinely lift and stack 50lb bags of grain unassisted
- Is emotionally strong, mature, and capable of handling animal crises in a sometimes-stressful and challenging work environment.