Looking for a detail-oriented person with a minimum of 2 years farm animal care and 1 year people management experience to lead our animal caregiver team.
- Morning and evening shifts of feeding and watering 60+ animals
- Daily medication administration
- Oversee routine barn and stall cleanouts
- Training and supervising animal caregiver assistants and volunteers
- Small farm maintenance projects
- Routine and as needed animal health checks
- Assistance with rescues and vet visits
- Maintain feed, farm and medication supplies
- Keep up to date computerized records of animal care, health checks and vet visits
This is a great job for someone who:
- Enjoys physically- and mentally-challenging work
- Loves being outdoors in ALL weather
- Has a positive “can-do” attitude
- Has a passion for farm animal advocacy
- Has a reputation for being a great communicator and a team player
- Understands the need to follow strict farm rules, policies and procedures
- Adjusts easily and quickly to detailed and constantly changing instructions
- Is able to routinely lift and stack 50lb bags of grain unassisted
$12-14/hour (DOE). Dependable (all-weather) transportation is required; must be over 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license. Some weekends and holidays are required.
We are a farm animal rescue and sanctuary and our mission is to make the world a more compassionate place for ALL beings. As part of our mission, we require anyone on the farm to abide by a plants-based only food rule.
If interested and you meet all of the requirements, please fill out the form below. Message or email us with any questions. Thank you!