Looking for a detail-oriented person with a minimum of 6 months farm animal care experience to join our small animal caregiver team. Position requires a minimum of 3-4 days/week working both morning and evening chore shifts.
Dependable (all-weather) transportation is necessary; applicants must be over 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license. Some weekends and holidays are required. Possibility of on-site housing is available.
- Feed and water 60+ animals each morning and evening
- Administer daily medication
- Perform routine barn and stall cleanouts
- Work with and supervise animal care volunteer assistants
- Complete small farm maintenance projects
- Assist with routine animal health checks (and some additional checks, as needed)
- Assist with rescues and vet visits
- Assist with animal care-related projects, including research assignments and updating computerized animal care records
This is a great job for someone who:
- Has a passion for farm animal advocacy
- Enjoys physically and mentally-demanding work
- Loves being outdoors in ALL weather
- Has a positive “can-do” attitude
- Is a great communicator and team player
- Understands the importance of following rules, policies and procedures
- Is open to receiving and applying constructive feedback
- Adjusts easily and quickly to evolving instructions based on the needs of the animals
- Is able to routinely lift and stack 50lb bags of grain unassisted
- Is emotionally strong, mature, and capable of handling animal crises in a sometimes-stressful and challenging work environment.
We are a farm animal rescue and sanctuary and our mission is to make the world a more compassionate place for all beings. In service to this mission, we respectfully require a plant-based diet when on sanctuary property.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL requirements, please fill out the form below.
Please message or email us with any questions. Thank you!